Sunday, April 11, 2010

Naramata Weekend

As some of you may know, next year I will be studying abroad in Finland through Rotary youth exchange! I recently found out the town I will be staying in is Vaasa, which is north of the capitol, Helsinki. I just got home a little bit ago from Naramata weekend with my Rotary district 5060 in Canada. It was a weekend full of preparation for the year to come telling us what to expect, what we need to do, information for our parents, etc. We also got to hear a lot from inbound/rebound students which i found extremely helpful. Of course it was fun to see all the students in my district again, although sadly is was probably the last time i will see most of them again until our rebound conference more than a year from now. I am very anxious to find out more information like when I leave and my school. I got my host families email the other day but sadly it backfired both times i tried to send it, so I will have to figure that one out soon as I am anxious to be in contact with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment